Whew! This weekend was busy! We had a weekend of firsts here in the Newell household. It snowed on Saturday night making it our first official snow (that stuck) in Kansas City. Let me tell you folks, it is sticking! It is now Monday night and the snow has not melted at all! It is freezing cold here....welcome to Kansas!
Since it snowed that meant our driveway needed to be shoveled. So off to Lowe's we went after church to buy a snow shovel. I kid you not, we did not own a snow shovel until Sunday morning. That is just not something you need in Atlanta. Subsequently, this was the first time Bill has ever shoveled snow...ever...in his entire life.
Lastly, William Walker started rice cereal on Sunday! We went to his 4 month appointment on Friday and he is a healthy growing boy and the pediatrician said we could go ahead and start solids. He is a whole 2 lbs heavier than Ridley was at this age and about an inch taller. This is surprising considering he started out 2 lbs smaller and an inch shorter than her! He has not been sleeping as well as I'd like (I can't remember the last time I got 8 solid hours of sleep!) so I'm hoping adding cereal into his regimen may help him sleep a little longer at night! He took to it pretty well, opening wide for the spoon and swallowing some of it. I have to admit, a large portion of it ended up on his bib and down the side of the bumbo seat, but he did great for his first time! My little man is growing up so fast! Here are some pictures documenting our weekend of firsts.
Swallow it down bud!
Ridley got to ride this fun train at Union Station!



No comments:
Post a Comment