Friday, June 11, 2010

The House the Built Us

The family in front of our old house on Move-out Day


I have a new favorite song. I've added to my song list below so you may hear it if you turn the music on. It's called "The House That Built Me" by Miranda Lambert. It feels so appropriate for the stage of life we're in right now. While it's a sad song I chose to concentrate on the happy parts of the song. As most of you know, we moved last week from Atlanta to Kansas City (Leawood, KS to be specific). After almost 10 years in Atlanta I was hesitant to go, but ultimately knew it was a good move for our family. Leaving our home of 7 years was sad but not as hard as I thought it would be. We were quickly outgrowing that house. However, there were lots of memories made there. It was truly "the house that built" us. Bill bought the house the spring before we got engaged, I moved in after our wedding. We spent our first few years as blissful newlyweds there. A few years later we brought our first child home to that house. We celebrated her first birthday on the back deck with a lots of neighbors, friends and family. That deck served us well many a nights, entertaining in the warm weather. We met fantastic people and made wonderful friends in the neighborhood, most of whom we are still very close to even though we've all moved from there. But, life must go on. So we are continuing our journey here in Kansas. I have so much to be thankful for. We have a beautiful house here and more space than I can imagine using, although I'm sure it will fill up in time. Ridley loves her new room and most of all her new playset in the backyard. She seems to have transitioned really well. A big huge thank you goes to my mom and sister who helped with our move. Christie flew in to drive with me, together we drove 1100 miles in 2 days. Mom drove in from Denver once we got here and did an amazing job helping us unpack and lined almost every drawer and shelf in our house with contact paper! She also cooked and grocery shopped which was a tremendous help. Moving halfway across the country at 32 weeks pregnant with a 2 year old in tow was NOT easy. We made it though, with lots of help and support from family and friends. Thanks to everyone who helped us along the way. Whether it was listening to me gripe about our real estate woes, letting us bunk with you for a night or providing advice on the move, you all helped us more than you know. THANK YOU! Now to begin our new journey and making memories in the new house that will build us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

polka dots

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones