Monday, March 7, 2011

Outta the Mouths of Babes


This afternoon when I was putting Ridley down for her nap she said she wanted to say her prayers. We usually do this at bedtime, not nap time, but what the hey, right? Our conversation went something like this:
Ridley: Mom let's say our prayers, prayer hands! (she claps her hands together)
Me: Wellll…..okay! (I clap my hands together too)
Then we recite "Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep"
R: Mom, who should we pray for?
Me: Well, these are your prayers, you tell me who you want to pray for.
R: Mom, I want to pray for God.
Me: Um, okay.
R: Dear Jesus, please keep God with us always. We want him always in our hearts and here with us always. Amen.


WOW, my kid is amazing! I'm not bragging that I have a fantastic kid, I'm saying I'm amazed by her. My heart burst with pride when I heard this. She is listening and absorbing so much from us and from school and church. I feel so blessed. I'm so lucky I get to stay home and enjoy moments like these. And even though she poured 50% of the bath water out on the bathroom floor tonight, I'm still grateful I get to stay home and experience it ALL! If we just stop and listen to our kids, they'll tell us what's important in life.

P.S. She also wanted to pray for her lambie, the wall, the bottle of lotion on her dresser, etc…… this kid keeps me laughing!



1 comment:

  1. I love this! So sweet and hilarious at the end praying for the wall and the lotion. :)

    ReplyDelete

polka dots

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones