Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My new hobby



I have a new hobby...saving money! I have started learning the art of couponing. I'm not talking about just heading to the store with your list and seeing if you get lucky and have a few coupons that match. I'm talking about matching sales with coupons and saving BIG money! Last night I headed to the store by myself (sweet relief!) while my wonderful husband put our beautiful, rowdy, sweet, crabby, loving little girl to bed. I did the best at Publix, spending $53.81 and saving $52.04! Then I headed over to Kroger b/c they had a few things I needed on sale. There I spent $14.86 and saved a total of $11.25. My ultimate goal is to save more than I spend, but I figure that wasn't bad for a first-timer! Thanks to my friends Paige and Jennifer who introduced me to my new favorite website: www.southernsavers.com! Here are some pictures of all the deals I got!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! you are your mother's daughter! As little as I buy, I still have my coupon file with me. I used to have a big file box with boxtops saved as well as UPC's for items I knew would get a rebate from sooner or later. Oh, Lord, isn't there something better to do!!!

    ReplyDelete

polka dots

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones